Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dispatches from France by @BodieandFou

Contributor post by Karine Kong of BODIE and FOU
Hello everyone! I'm now back in London behind my desk but luckily working on exciting stuff.
A couple of ago, I posted two images on my Facebook profile...The first one in white was from our bedroom in our London home and features a beautiful cluster light by Kathleen Hills (+ my beloved silver mini sac by Clare Vivier). The second one with natural and blue hues was from a bedroom in our holidays home in France. My mum covered the headboard with linen fabric and made the curtains and I dyed an old sheet in blue to add a summery feel to the room.

I really like these two images but having them next to each other, it kind of dawned on me that although I have been living in England for the past 16 years and being regularly exposed to designs from around the world and even using designs from Scandinavia, US, England etc around my home, my interior style is still...well, very French!




(C) Photo 1: Francois Kong, Photo 2: Michael Paul


If you have been living in a country that is not your birth country, do you also find that although living abroad has opened your mind to other things, deep down, you always go back to the style you know from your childhood?
Bises

....................................


About BODIE and FOU
A French girl, living in London with a Neo-Zealander, mum of a five-years old freewi* called Mila. Karine Candice is also the Creative Director and Co-Founder of the fabulous online concept store BODIE and FOU which she launched with her sister Elodie in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment