Thursday, January 22, 2009

Barack and Michelle Obamas Wedding



After watching the Barack Obama inauguration on the news a couple of days ago I must admit I am inspired by the moment of history making and the sea of change sweeping America. As an Australian I don't tend to get to caught up in politics of any kind, especially not those in America much less in my own country! But there is just something so entirely charismatic about Barack as a person. He's so engaging, so genuine and so much fun. I often search American sites for inspiration, if there's one thing to be said for American weddings it's that they really know how to put on a show. And I came across a picture of Barack and Michelles wedding from 1992. I just had to share it with you. It captures the essence of the couple, full of personality and so individual. I love that their shoes are off. Of their vows Michelle has said "he didn't pledge riches, only a life that would be interesting."


(Image Credit: In Style Weddings)

No comments:

Post a Comment