Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lamp Lift

Hello! Janis here, from Pinecone Camp. Thought I'd share a little lamp lift with you. My friend gave me this vintage lamp but it needed some kind of a shade. I just used a roll of ribbon and in about 15 minutes it was done. The 10 yard roll of purple nylon ribbon, cost $5. Over the years, I've done a few lampshades this way. Easy, easy, easy.

Here she is. The very "open" lamp shade and lovely base.

The $5 roll of ribbon, and matching thread.

Attach the ribbon to the frame by just a few simple stitches (keep 'em small!)

Wrap the ribbon around the shade, keeping it tight.

Voila. She's finished. You could use two rolls of ribbon, but I prefer seeing a bit of the insides through the ribbon.


All images by Janis Nicolay.

No comments:

Post a Comment