Wednesday, May 7, 2008

phm studio spaces : jimena ríos

hilosmueble

Artist Name: Jimena Ríos
Shop Name and Url: www.jimena.etsy.com
Website: www.jimenarios.com.ar
Blog: www.jimenarios.blogspot.com
City: Buenos Aires

Where in your home/apartment/city is your studio located?

I use a very small place, that used to be the storage room, located on my house’s yard.


What equipment/tools do you use?

Blowtorch,, pliers, Anvils, Mandrels, Files, Flex Shaft, Hammers, Saw Blades & Frame…

laminadora


Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is
inspiring you now?

My inspiration come form everywhere, I’m always looking for beautiful things, objects, landscapes, pictures, my two boys…I try to be surrounded from nice things. I have the idea that if all the things around me are nice some nice ideas will come to my mind.

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?)

Since I have two little boys (2 years old and the other 4 months) I have to take advantage of any time they let me free to work… When they are taking a nap I put some tango or word music and I sit on the bench, or If they are awake it’s great to hear them laughing when they are playing with their dad !

taller1

List (3) of your favourite artists

Núria Marqués
Ted Noten
Leonor Hipólito

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?

I would love a bigger space to have more equipment, more natural light, a drawing table, and some extra space for my sewing machine and sewing stuff ! oh and a beautiful garden for my kids to play around ! Is that too much ?...

beso

No comments:

Post a Comment