Thursday, May 8, 2008

phm studio spaces: the portland beanie company


Artist Name: Nili Barrett
Shop Name and Url: The Portland Beanie Company www.pdxbeanies.com
Website: www.pdxbeanies.com
City: Portland, Oregon

Where in your home/apartment/city is your studio located?
The living room!

What equipment/tools do you use?
Crochet hooks/yarn needles
and the handy dandy pvc pipe yarn holder that my wonderful husband made for me. :o)



Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now? (please include picture)
I don't have an inspiration board. I just try to keep my eyes open for inspiration where ever I go. I'm constantly seeing color combinations when I'm out and about. I often find myself zoning out trying to transpose what I'm seeing into a hat. I have a little notepad in my purse that I can pull out to write these ideas down on. If I fail to do this I will often not be able to recall the "flash of inspiration" later on.



How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?)
Usually when I'm trying to fall asleep my mind is busy putting together colors, techniques, etc. Then I try to make what I came up with the next morning. It usually doesn't turn out quite as well as I had envisioned in the moments before I drifted off to sleep but it still works out somehow. :o)

List (3) of your favorite artists (with links)
Sara Jane
BEKAHknits
Kathy Doerge, My mom!

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
Right now my studio is just my recliner and end table in my living room! So just to have a whole room devoted to my work would be a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment