Friday, August 28, 2009

100 Ladies

by Hulaseventy



Completely charmed by Danielle Distefano's 100 Ladies currently showing at Youngblood Gallery and Boutique.



I stumbled onto the show while visiting Youngblood (one of my favorite places in Atlanta) and was totally smitten.



Tattoo artist Danielle Distefano's beautifully detailed watercolor portraits pay homage to the sweetest of tattoo subjects.



In love with the vintage feel of the colors, the reds and blues, the creamy skin tones. In love with the way crimson roses punctuate the portraits with nostalgia.



100 Ladies will be on display at Youngblood Gallery through August 30th and each framed and numbered piece will be available for purchase once the show is over. I don't know about you but I'd love to have a ruby-lipped, finger-waved beauty hanging someplace in my home. Next best thing to an original tattoo.

Posted by Hulaseventy

No comments:

Post a Comment