Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Special Guest Post: by Design is Mine

poppytalkcollections

Hello again from Summer at Design is Mine! It is my second day blogging here and I am feeling quite inspired. One of my favorite things about this site is following Jan's love of collections, something I also share. I am constantly inspired by people's homes and the objects in which they choose to fill them with, especially when they choose a specific grouping of them. I love that there are usually stories behind a collection, whether it started from a family heirloom or just a deep adoration of a specific animal or shape or color scheme.

As early as I can remember, I have been collecting things. I can recall piles of old photo albums all around my bedroom filled with glittery stickers and a trunk filled with every My Little Pony there was. I have gone through periods over the years of collecting, from the overly kitschy to the simple and minimalistic. Within our home, my love of collecting can be seen all over the place: a cabinet displaying Japanese toys and vintage Dream Pets, a drawer in the kitchen stuffed to the brim with old aprons, frames and boxes filled with random family photographs from the early 1900's, walls covered with estate sale snagged portrait paintings, and a kid's room filled with vintage Fisher Price toys. I have a yearning to start even more collections in the future.

I am happy now to share with you some beautiful collections from some wonderful photographers and friends. (Also, did you know Jan runs a Flickr group for collecting? So wonderful.)

1. Andrea of Hula Seventy, 2. Arthur's Circus, 3. Emma Lee, 4. LivingEtc, 5. The Selby, 6. Cori Kindred, 7. Trine Thorsen, 8. LivingEtc, 9. Apartment Therapy: Greg & Em, and 10. Erik Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment