Thursday, March 26, 2009

Special Guest Post: by Design is Mine

poppytalk_books

Bonjour! It's Summer from Design is Mine posting again. Have I mentioned that I am having a ton of fun guest blogging? I really am.

One of my favorite ways to spend my time has always been hanging around bookstores, but being a mum of two little ones, this now means always being led over to the children's section. Here I am almost always asked to flip through the same picture books over and over and over again. Usually, I find this to be somewhat of a chore, but recently I have been finding a large amount of beautiful kid's books that I truly enjoy looking at. As it turns out, many of my favorite artists (ones who are known for album art, posters, and prints) are now illustrating children's books, which I must say is quite a pleasant change from what I think of as the general boring book art.

Anyways, it is quite late here in Portland. I could really use a sweet good night story myself.

1. "All In A Day," illustrated by Nikki McClure, 2. "School Years," illustrated by S. Britt, 3. "Little Hoot," illustrated by Jen Corace, 4. "The Composer is Dead," illustrated by Carson Ellis, 5. "Where You Came From" and "When You Were Small," both illustrated by Julie Morstad, 6. "The Lonesome Puppy," illustrated by Yoshitomo Nara, 7. "My Family, My Journey," illustrated by Susie Ghahremani, 8. "The Octonauts," illustrated by Meomi, and 9. "There's No Such Thing as Ghosts!," illustrated by Emmanuelle Eeckhout.

No comments:

Post a Comment