Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vietri Ceramics: Incanto Collection

IMG_1729
When we first got married, it was hard for us to register for dishes. It seemed difficult to find anything that said "us" and I couldn't fathom the idea of wasting our guest's hard earned money on something we may not like in 30 years. Hence, no dishes. But I think Vietri out of Italy may have just filled that void. I loved their pieces from years back, but always found them to be, although beautiful, a little too rustic for my then more modern aesthetic. Now that my tastes have softend a bit, I think we may have found the "just right" with their Incanto Collection. Inspired by sea and nature, the collection is made to mix-and-match as each unique piece compliments the other. Incanto means "enchanting individuality". These I spotted in Vancouver at Country Furniture on South Granville and instantly was smitten. The perfect combination of layers of white milky (almost translucent) glaze where the red clay shows through in spots over textures of lace, stripes, emblems and scallops.

IMG_1728
IMG_1730

I photographed a few images from their brochure below (my scanner broke during our move) - so pardon the blurry dark examples. But I couldn't find these online, and thought you'd like to see what I was talking about. Choose from flower, lace, stripe and emblem designs ranging from cups and saucers all the way to scalloped cake stands, and serving dishes. These would look so beautiful in open shelving in our kitchen. Dream.

IMG_1738
IMG_1739

vietri.com

No comments:

Post a Comment