Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kitchens on the Brain

Photo: Andre Rider

It's sort of like when you own a volkswagen, all of a sudden you notice all these volkswagens, so as we continue on our kitchen search, all's I notice mostly these days are kitchens. So please bear with me dear internets. These were all in the same issue (from April's issue of House and Home). My wishlist at the moment:

1. I love darker hardware against lighter painted wood. So maybe a blackish iron drawer pull (like above only black), I love black faucets too, but I also love white (so confused).
2. I like white and grey cabinetry (at the moment). With different colours on the lower than the uppers or shelves.
3. I would like an apron sink, but they just seem scary heavy. But I do like them.
4. I love the stoves where all the knobs are on the bottom.
5. Tiles all the way to the ceiling.
6. A big table in the middle of a kitchen, like my grandma had (they are a great place to gather and chat while you cook). But we don't have the room and will probably have a nook.
7. Open shelving with chunky brackets

What do you like in a kitchen? I need suggestions/opinions.

Photo: Donna Griffith
Photo: Donna Griffith

Photo: Stacy Branford

Photo: Stacy Branford

No comments:

Post a Comment