Tuesday, April 22, 2008

phm studio spaces: jasna

Studio1

Artist Name: Jasna
Shop Name and Url: www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5070157
Website: www.jasnart.com
Poppytalk Handmade: Table 42
City: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Where in your home/apartment/city is your studio located?
granville island, vancouver,bc

What equipment/tools do you use?
kiln is my only serious looking piece of equipment, and even that, some people would laugh about this statement. I like to improvise, so, my tools are pretty basic. I use whatever comes in handy for creating textures and leave marks in clay. I do use silk screen to transfer images, but also, other, more loose techniques.

Studio3
Studio4

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?

little details that I see, hear or feel during a day (or night): marks on concrete, song lyrics, broken heart. Whenever I get a chance, I look at other people artwork, all different mediums. Lots of illustrations and street art

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?)
I usually get my "big" ideas just before falling a sleep, then they keep me awake. I always listen to music when making work.

Studio2

List (3) of your favorite artists
this is so hard, there are many artists that I would call my favorite. Here are three that have been on my "inspiration board" for the longest time:
Antonio Gaudi
Banksy
Cole Morgan


If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?

for a city life, my present studio is really great. it is located 7 bike minutes from my home and my son's school. i am sharing it with Jessica, who is a textile artist www.propagatelove.com and a great friend. we also have a store front, which has great exposure but, if we lived in a perfect world, my studio would be in an adobe house, in a super sunny country and very close to the beach! ha, ha

Thanks Jasna!

Studio5

No comments:

Post a Comment