Monday, December 29, 2008

Fall Favourites


It's taken me a while but I've done it! I've poured over hundreds of photos from the runway, the latest collections of all the best designers worldwide. This season is diverse, with many designers' collections being vastly different from one another. However there is a decided trend towards more sophisticated silhouettes and experimental embellishments; unique little touches and loud unusual adornments placed on the gown in areas which are not traditionally used for detail. Here are my selected favourites, the unique, exceptional and classical. Some of these gowns may not yet be available, some only available overseas and some only as couture, so please keep in mind that a trusted dressmaker could be your new bestfriend for making a dream dress come true.



Angel Sanchez




















Melissa Sweet



Jim Hjelm

Jane Wang

Rosa Clara


Watch out for future posts featuring in more depth the collections of Monique Lhullier, Angel Sanchez and Rosa Clara, three collections I absolutely loved for their inventiveness. I found it so difficult to chose a favourite from each show that I have to post on all of them seperately!



(Image Credits; Cedar Creek Estate Winery; All others Brides)

No comments:

Post a Comment