Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hula Seventy: Great Display Idea



Since it's all about collections here at Poppytalk this week, I thought I'd share a fantastic display idea today.

My brother Nate (aka DJ Dust) found an entire volume of old 70s english school booklets at the thrift store. He was initially drawn to the bright colors, the vintage feel and strong graphics of the cardboard sleeves the booklets were housed in and couldn't leave without purchasing the entire set. Not bad for seven bucks.



After removing the booklets from each cardboard sleeve, arranging the sleeves and measuring them, Nate built three shallow wooden frames and painted them white. He attached the colorful school book sleeves to the frames with wood glue and voila. Instant awesomeness. These currently hang in Nate's Atlanta studio and I swear, they are my absolute favorite thing to look at whenever I visit.

Posted by Hula Seventy

No comments:

Post a Comment