Monday, November 23, 2009

This Week from Lisa Congdon: Gift Favorites from Rare Device

Picture 1

I guess the time is finally here when I can say happy holidays? I can't believe November is almost (gulp) over and December is near. It doesn't seem possible. I'll be leaving my regular Monday Poppytalk posts until January to tend to holiday business at Rare Device (the art+design shop/gallery I share with my friend, Rena Tom). On that note, before I leave you for the next few weeks, I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite gift items from our shop .

First, the simple and bold Rainbow Fish Tile by Xenia Taler. Use it as a trivet or hang it on your kitchen wall.

rainbow_fish

Next, these gorgeous, modern Wine/Water Carafes by Sagaform, Sweden. Simple, elegant and perfectly priced.

sm08_1

This year we've brought back the ever-popular Feather Ornaments from Roost.

roost02_1

Can you see how much I love white ceramics? I adore these Tuck Pots from Pigeon Toe Ceramics. We love them with succulents.

med_tuck_pot1

In the wood category, I love the Modern Candlestick Holders by Gildem.

gil01_1

Know someone who needs a new clock? I love these ANYTHING Clocks from Japan.

any04_1

Last but not least on my list is the fifth edition CATS LET NOTHING DARKEN THEIR ROAR calendar (this one for 2010) from Noa Bembibre in Finland.

catsletnothing2010

Happy shopping, happy holidays. See you in 2010. And, remember to support your local small business this holiday season. Visit Rare Device in San Francisco at 1845 Market Street near Guerrero.

No comments:

Post a Comment