Friday, January 15, 2010

Hula Seventy: Starting Over (Sort Of)

by Andrea of Hula Seventy



I've been contemplating change. Actually, I want to change everything. Funny thing is, my home is finally the way I'd like it to be. But now I want to change it, I want to start over. I'll admit, this is not the first time I've had this sort of impulse. It happens more regularly than I'd care to admit and the reality is that I have a life, lots of responsibilities and well, not a lot of money. Plus, there's really only so much you can do with a rental. So I'm looking at different ways to incorporate change. I'm looking at what I have and how I can feasibly mix things up without turning my home (and life) upside down.



When I need major home inspiration, the first thing I do is grab my favorite decorating book, Flea Market Style, and thumb through the pages. It's been my go-to book for years now. I come back to it again and again.



Really, if ever there was a book that accurately represented my personal style, this would probably be it.



I'm endlessly inspired by the colors.



The way each space seems to sing out.



The way unexpected pieces seamlessly come together.



I almost always find something on the pages that sparks an idea.



And that's really all it takes. One idea and I'm off and running.

(The above are photographs (taken by me) of the pages of the book Flea Market Style by Emily Chalmers, with words by Ali Hanan and photography by Debi Treloar)

No comments:

Post a Comment