Monday, March 22, 2010

This Week from Lisa Congdon: Goodbye {for now}

never-can-say-goodbye-beatnick-k-slaam
Hello Poppytalk friends!

I'm sad to say that this is my farewell post {for now anyway} as contributor to Poppytalk. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and want to give enormous thanks to Jan --the spirited, talented, organized, visionary woman behind Poppytalk--for inviting me to be a contributor here for the past year. I have posted here every Monday for almost a year (34 in all) about things, art, people, events, and imagery I find beautiful, and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

So while I am sad, the reason I am leaving is kind of exciting. My art and illustration work have been keeping me very, very busy, and very soon I will embark on the most intensive illustration job I have ever had (or may ever have). I will be illustrating a very large, very long children's book (150 illustrations in all), and so I am having to cut back on many of the things in my life that keep me busy to make room for this incredible, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm working with a top notch art director, two incredible authors and a major press. It's all under wraps now so I can't say more than that {for now!}. This is one of the most exciting (and admittedly daunting) things I've ever had happen.

Jan and I love working together, and so I know I will continue to be part of the Poppytalk family for a long time to come in other capacities. You can also find me at my shop, Rare Device (I am at the brick and mortar shop most every Tuesday and Saturday), at my Etsy Shop , on Twitter , on my blog , at my Collections Project , on Flickr and on Facebook .

Farewell, friends. Please keep in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment