Monday, April 5, 2010

This Week from Abbey Hendrickson




Today, we're thrilled to pieces to announce our newest contributer here at Poppytalk, blogger and artist Abbey Hendrickson. She'll introduce herself a bit below, but we just wanted to let you know we've admired Abbey's blog Aesthetic Outburst for a long while now, and we're sure you will enjoy her great eye for art & design along with her fun sense of humour. Please join me in welcoming her!

Hello, everyone! I'm absolutely thrilled to be a weekly contributor here at Poppytalk, one of my favorite blogs. My name is Abbey Hendrickson and I live in upstate New York with my husband and our two babies. When I'm not busy racing around our little house pretending to be Spiderman, I write a blog called Aesthetic Outburst. I also like to make things, go thrifting, read art books, drink red wine, and haunt blogs. I thought I'd break the ice this week by revealing one of my dirty little secrets. I love (as in watch-it-a-million-times *love*) the movie The Family Stone. I know, this isn't my proudest moment, but let's try to move forward. My favorite line from the movie is "You have a freak flag. You just don't fly it.". Since I happen to fly my 'freak flag' pretty regularly, I decided to make one for our friends to fly as well. I went for an old school, hand-sewn pennant look with wool felt and a vintage font, but you could use just about anything to make your own 'freak flag'. Looking for inspiration? Take a look here. Fly it proudly and I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment