Monday, April 12, 2010

This week from Abbey Hendrickson

abbey_post2
Contributer post by Abbey Hendrickson from Aesthetic Outburst

Let's talk vintage metal trays, shall we? I need another one like I need a hole in my head, but they're so lovely and always seem to come in handy. As you can see, we use them at our house to hold recipes, dining room necessities, art supplies, and occasionally even the makings of a bird sandwich. Since I usually find them at antique shops and thrift stores for less than a dollar, I keep a stash to take to parties when bringing a dish to pass. With two babies in tow, the last thing I want to think about is getting a dish back at the end of an evening. Plus, I like to pretend that leaving behind a cute tray will ensure that our screaming babes will be invited back (this doesn't always work). Below are a few that I found on etsy. Happy hunting!

(above, clockwise from top left) sixpence & a blue moon, kitsch cafe, Mary Grace Thomas, and Betty & June

No comments:

Post a Comment