Friday, April 23, 2010

Weekend Project: Make a Kitchen Shelf



I don't know about you but I'm an open shelving type girl. I don't know how to close a kitchen cabinet door; or maybe it's not I don't know how, more than I leave them open when I'm in the kitchen once I do open one, just in case I need something from there again (a bad habit). So shelves are definitely the way to go for me and wherever I moved (when I rented), I used to remove the doors off the upper cabinets always, painted them inside if they needed it (which they usually did) and voila - easy form and function. Then I just put the doors back up when I moved out. But if you have been thinking about open shelving but have been afraid of taking the plunge, here's a pretty good DIY from the folks at Home Depot. Their solution is economical too. A fun weekend project!

No comments:

Post a Comment