Tuesday, July 22, 2008

scrapbook: magazine snippets

coloredmattsI like this idea of different colored mats for this group of framed black and white photos from the collection of Sean and Cassel Heep as featured this month in Country Decorating Ideas magazine. Using the same frame gives the display a sense of unity and depth and the mat colors used are consistent with the colors found within their home. (Photo by Dan Mayer)

I've taken a few snippets from this month's Country Decorating Ideas magazine that I've been admiring. I always tell myself I'm not country oriented when it comes to decor, mine is more an eclectic mix of modern and various others, but I do seem to lean more this way than I think. Nonetheless, these ones I thought were nice and I couldn't pass up sharing them.


mapA vintage school pull-down map with these old school chairs (to look like a bench almost) from the home of Boston interior designer, Kelly McGuill. (Photo by Kelly McGuill)

patioA 1950's green glider and that 1910 stitchwork pillow at photographer's Jenifer Jordan's guest cottage in Shelby, Texas. (Photo by Jenifer Jordan)

roomsOld bottle crates used as storage containers to hold recycling while wheels make it more handy to store under a desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment