Friday, October 31, 2008

phm studio spaces: Kiki & Polly

blackboardentry

Artist Name: Lisa Golightly
Shop Name: Kiki & Polly
Website: kikiandpolly.com , kikiandpolly.etsy.com
Blog: kikiandpolly.com/blog
City: Portland, Oregon

studio

Where in your home/apartment/city is your studio located?
My studio is in our home, in the basement, though it tends to migrate throughout the house. In the summer I usually end up working in our mudroom and dining room to be near the kids.

iansroom3sm
studio3
suitcase

What equipment/tools do you use?
I've been working a lot with wallpaper recently, using it as a starting point, then cutting and painting it. So, the exacto knife has been getting a lot of use.

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I have a couple inspiration boards, one at my desk and one at my work table. I've always been inspired by interiors, so there a lot of magazine tear outs, as well as art by my kids and their little 'treasures' about (aka sticks, leaves, rocks).

studio2
studio4
How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?
I create best with coffee in hand and music on. Right now I have been listening to the new Ray LaMontagne album a lot.

List (3) of your favorite artists
Lisbeth Zwerger
Isca Greenfield-Sanders, I love her use of color
my dad!

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
My studio works for now, but I dream of having a big open space with one of those glass roll up garage doors!

mudroom

Thank you Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment