Monday, October 27, 2008

Taking a leaf from their book...


I find that along with many, many other sources of inspiration I am led more and more down paths of beauty and innovation by the books I read. Among these are classics such as Jane Eyre and Great Expectations. The imagery these masters of the written word convey fill my head with so many beautiful things and I just can't help but translate these into designs for weddings. So this is an introduction of a series of posts to start very soon of all the wonderful things you can create for your wedding inspired by the greatest works of literature. The first series will be from Great Expectations which I read again for the umpteenth time (I've certainly lost count) just recently. If you can get hold of it, watch the movie by the same title with Gwyenth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke. The modern representation of the book in this movie is so sublime, it gives me a burst of creative energy everytime I see it. So look out for these future posts. I hope you enjoy them... :)
(Image Credit: typepad.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment