Tuesday, June 17, 2008

special Guest Post: by Abbey Hendrickson (aesthetic outburst)

DAY 2: BEAUTY IN MUNDANE

IMAGE-#6
You’re back! Today I wanted to share one of my other obsessions. My husband and I…okay, okay…I collect bread bag ties. Yes, bread bag ties. I came across a giant bag of them at a yard sale for 25 cents and then our friend Marcie found some and helped the collection along. I’ve been collecting them for four years now and love the variety of colors. Plus, anything looks better when you put it under a cloche, right? Carbohydrate intake aside, collecting something like this is based on my personal interest in finding beauty in the mundane. If we’re going to get more philosophical for a minute…just a quick minute…I think our generation is working towards teaching others to do the same (hello, DIY movement). Here are some examples…

IMAGE #7 from 2002ttorry



IMAGE #8 from tehqueen



IMAGE #9 by wardomatic



10 and from frankier27

aesthetic outburst
how now design

No comments:

Post a Comment