Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Special Guest Post: by Abbey Hendrickson

DAY 3: THE WOOD PILE

IMAGE #11
I’m sure it’ll come as no surprise that I like piles of things and lately I’ve been really inspired by piles of wood. My father-in-law cut these small wood pieces for me to use on a project that I’ve still not started (don’t tell him though). I can’t seem to get over how lovely they look just as they are. Here are some other piles that I’ve stashed on our laptop…

IMAGE #12 from Martha Stewart


IMAGE #13a photo by my friend Meg



IMAGE #14 and this photo via Decor8



IMAGE #15 If you’re looking to bring a woodsy feel into your home without lugging in a big old pile of wood, take a look at Yvette Laduk's Woody Wood Rug (left) here, Urban’s Trompe L'Oeil Floor Mats (right) here, or try this project. Love it!

aesthetic outburst
how now design

No comments:

Post a Comment