Monday, May 11, 2009

To faux bois or not to faux bois?

fauxbois2From Knack Studios (this image as spotted on Scoutie Girl).

Now that summer is nearly upon us I am excited to start some makeovers on a couple of pieces of furniture in our home including this dresser (a hand-me-down my grandmother). This dresser has been white, it's been stained dark brown, and now it's in it's natural state, waiting it's next re-do. Martha Stewart Living (May 09 issue) had a great article in it on easy painting technique projects and I'm seriously considering trying the faux-bois on this one. I found a few other samples online for inspiration. I'm just a little perplexed as to colors at the moment, any input, thoughts, experiences? Please feel free to comment or email!

dresser My dresser waiting for a makeover.

fauxboisFrom Martha Stewart Living - faux bois - paint idea - photo by Mathew Hranek

faux-bois3From the talented couple, Somethings Hiding in Here (photo of their bathroom wall cabinet.

No comments:

Post a Comment