Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chakra P. Tutorial #4: Love Where You Live

Guest post by Chakra Pennywhistle

1/27/10 Central Tucson: A nice surprise. Someone decorated their wooden fence with paper hearts.

For this last installment, I thought that I would share a personal project that I have been working on. My family and I are actually in the midst of moving across the country from Tucson, AZ to Virginia Beach, VA.

1/6/10 Central Tucson: Old bus yard

The move began just at the beginning of the year and it has been quite the whirlwind. We own our home in Tucson and I have been juggling everything from running Chakra P., to renting our home, to packing all of our belongings. I knew that this was going to be quite the task and from the beginning I made it a goal to try and do something creative for at least a few minutes each day.

1/8/10 Central Tucson: Deanza Drive In Theatre. Recently closed down. Hoping some folks will save it. My little one's first movie.

Inspired by the 365 Project, I decided to take a daily photograph of things that I love and will miss about Tucson. The project has served a couple of functions. It has proven to relieve the stress of the move and has also made me appreciate this city in a way that - looking back - I wish that I was doing it all along.

1/26/10 Central Tucson: Favorite parking spot at a local antique shop.

So I just wanted to share it with all of you in hopes that it might inspire you to get out there and photograph some favorites of your own. I also wanted to note that I am not a photographer and have found out that you don't have to be to enjoy this project.

2/1/10 Central Tucson: St. Mary's Thrift Shop. My grandmother volunteers here and loves every minute of it!

I have been going around town wearing my camera and smiling all the way. I might not take the best photos but they have served that special purpose that only a creative outlet can. So take a good camera, a not-so-good camera, or a cell phone camera and click away! You won't regret it.

1/9/10 Central Tucson: Raging Sage coffee shop parking lot. Every time we park to get coffee, my little girl spots her heart in the power lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment