Tuesday, March 25, 2008

phm studio spaces: DripStick

2291398283_ab3024f334

Shop Name and Url: DripStick/www.dripstick.etsy.com
Website: www.dripstick.com
Blog: www.dripstick.net
Poppytalk Handmade Table: Table 58
City: Brooklyn, NY

2291397189_4efb3842db

Where in your home/apartment is your studio located?
I have an entire room dedicated to my studio. It's at the back/street side of the apartment. It's too noisy to be anything else really.

What equipment/tools do you use?
Mac, Wacom tablet (digital pen & drawing pad), Epson printer, paint brushes, exacto knife, canvas & paper

Do you have an inspiration board, and can you tell us what is inspiring you now?
I have a binder full of cut outs from magazines that range from HOW and Graphic Design USA to Domino and Ready Made. I even cut pages from the in-flight magazines when I travel. My whole apartment is a giant inspiration board, but I must say that Traveling is my single greatest source of inspiration.
Pics of my apt & studio here.

2291396925_8a1f83a5fc-1

How do you create best (e.g. do you listen to music while you create and if so what?)
I create best at the wee hours of the night (1 AM on) with a cup of tea at my side. This definitely involves music. Music is crucial for me! I can't get enough ambient music. ie. Sigur Rós, Múm, Chris Schlarb, The Album Leaf, etc.

List (3) of your favorite artists
Sorry, I have to list six.

Jen Garrido
organic graphic abstracts
www.jengarrido.com

Campbell Laird
very mod
campbelllairdstudio.com

Robert Donald
amazing abstracts - wonderful color & composition - smooth & creamy at times
www.donaldart.com

Sanna Annukka
very graphic, very colorful
www.sanna-annukka.com

Brian Barneclo
retro and graphic, very hip
Brian Barneclo

Tim Biskup
dark, yet colorful, whimsy
www.timbiskup.com

2292185976_06cde8508d

If yours isn't, what would be your perfect studio?
My perfect studio would be detached from my living space. It would be around 800 square feet in size and have plenty of windows, work benches, drying racks, a refrigerator and sofa for late nights. I love industrial architecture, so an old warehouse would be ideal.

2291399335_142f497749

Thank you DripStick!

No comments:

Post a Comment