Monday, July 27, 2009

70 Reasons to buy handmade +vintage Part 4

Debeauxsouvenirsdebeauxsouvenirs.etsy.com

No. 22. Buying from craftspeople is a conscious decision. people need to be more conscious of spending of where their hard-earned money is going, changing hands etc. this contributes to the bigger picture. Sonja Ahlers.



12fifteendotbigcartel12fifteen.bigcartel.com
No. 23. It's handmade, which means quality, and a whole lot of love! Scribble It



jillbentjillbent.etsy.com
No. 24. Price vs. value. If you buy your best friend a handmade journal instead of a mass produced one and spend twice the money, it'll be worth every penny. Treasures are handmade with love and thought, not mass produced. Paperiaarre.



aliciabockaliciabock.etsy.com
No. 25. "... I love knowing I'm supporting someone's passion. And even though I buy from handmade artisan's in states and countries I've never visited, I feel a sense of community when receiving an item that travels from their hand to mine. I like that I know who to contact to say "it's here! I love it!" - one person to another. " Mannybeads.

aflavoredlifeaflavoredlife.etsy.com
No. 26. Giving handmade is truly the essence of gift-giving. When you give a friend or loved one a gift, you are really saying "I care about you." A handmade gift conveys so much more than something pulled off the end-cap display of a mega store. Of course there are the obvious economic benefits of supporting independent makers and artists, but buying and giving handmade is, at heart, a loving act. Clementine Jewelry.



takemehomewaretakemehomeware.com
No. 27. It's fun to see the creativity and excellence of the very, very talented designers out there. It harkens back to the days of old when craftsmanship, creativity and quality were paramount - You are buying items not mass-produced and impersonal but are very personal not only to the buyer, but to the maker. Annie and Olive.


upintheairsomewhere.com
No. 28. The biggest reason I buy handmade is to support the many talented people out there who are trying to get started with their business. I find the care and love taken in making everything I buy comes through when I get it. I feel a sense of extra worth and pleasure with each purchase knowing I have helped someone get one step closer to their dream. Supporting each other is after all the most rewarding gift we can give each other! Bueller.

No comments:

Post a Comment