Friday, July 10, 2009

Hulaseventy loves lists: Road Trip Essentials!

by Andrea of Hulaseventy



I have been obsessed with road trips lately. This is probably because summer is in full swish and I have mostly been stuck at home. This is bound to change at some point, though. I'd like to think I'll be good and ready when the golden opportunity finally strikes. Five road trip essentials I will not leave home without:

1. Sunglasses-- the most basic of all road trip essentials. Loving these vintage mod italian ones from Eyeglass Boy.


2. Camera-- the second most basic of all road trip essentials. When it comes to packing, I have been known to choose cameras over shoes and other basics. I have been known to stuff backpacks and suitcases full of a wide variety of cameras because I like options and the holga is one that always comes with me. Fred Flare has a nice starter kit and so much inspiration can be found in the most recent issue of Light Leaks, which is entirely devoted to road trips. Page after page of dreamy road trip photography, much of it shot with a holga.



3. Thermos-- because when I'm not knocking back slurpees and slushees, I'm taking swigs of tea from a thermos. Might as well be pretty to look at. From Colloco.



4. Sketchbook-- because I do some of my best work while on the road. True story. Crazy about this portable art kit from Cori Kindred



5. Road trip bag-- because obviously, I'm going to need something to carry all these essentials in and this one from Retrofied is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

See you on the road, friends!

Posted by Andrea of Hulaseventy

No comments:

Post a Comment