Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Scattered thoughts...customized stamps, letterpress, sales, and more!



I totally got lost online this morning, happens all the time actually, but usually I have most of my posts done before I do. Hence my delay and somewhat scattered post. I've been coming across some awesome customized products lately, and with them some great new media designed sites where you can actually see the product before you order. Look above! Are these not the most adorable little stamps? PJ Greetings has them, and you can choose from 100 different designs! Only $39! I'm waiting to hear back if you can order them for Canada, no word yet at press time. (These would be great for stamping the back of my Field Note giveaways or my wood veneer business cards).

And another site I came across recently (see below) was Letterkissed.com! What do you get when you cross a graphic designer/letterpresser with a new media designer? An awesome customized correspondence site! This one is really fun, and the designs are pretty awesome as well. Just click on the text to edit and see what your new stationery will look like. I'm awfully fond of the 18th Century Everyday Monogrammed Correspondence Cards myself. Comes in both a digital offset printing method and letterpress!! Choose from weddings, births and adoptions and everyday!





Speaking of Letterpress. If you are lucky enough to live in the Chicago area, there's a Letterpress Open House happening hosted by Starshaped Press. Not only can you purchase some amazing prints, posters & cool ephemera BUT you can try your hand at printing… very exciting, I know! Past PHM participant, a. favorite will be part of the line up, including Rar Rar Press, Paper Parasol, Shimmer Studio and Starshaped Press (and sweet treats for sale by Sugarkist)!



Pie? Lemonade? Amazing letterpress treats by Chicago's finest? Can you honestly find something better to do this Saturday?

Letterpress Open House
Saturday, July 11th
11am-5pm
The Bulldog Lock Co. Building
4636 N. Ravenswood #103
(on the west side of the Metra tracks)



If I can further elaborate on my swag bag contribution (Field notes like above only in orange) for this week's screening of Handmade Nation here in Vancouver, I just dropped them off to the fine folks at Got Craft yesterday where they told me there's still some tickets available! So if you're in "rainy" Vancouver on Thursday, don't be stuck inside, come join the handmade culture, meet Faythe, buy some crafts and ask some questions! Should be fun! Click here for tickets and more info!

Thursday, July 9th, 2009
Location: Rio Theatre, 1660 East Broadway @ Commercial Drive
Screening at 8:00pm, Craft Showcase at 7:00pm



Also, speaking of Vancouver, there seems to be some awesome sales going on (I'm noticing) and took advantage of one yesterday over at Plen+y (2803 West Broadway, Vacouver, BC)! I picked up an awesome black K-Way knee-length hooded rain coat (half off), some Mavi jeans (Reg $88 - now $60), and a Propaganda (double breasted coat) and shirt for dirt cheap! All of it was under $200! I almost bought the Current Elliott Boyfriend Jean, it's $250 regular in Canada, on sale for $187, but decided to think about it. Something wrong about buying totally ratted jeans for almost $200.



And Lark is having a summer sale (we just heard) with 20 to 70% off starting today (July 8th)!

No comments:

Post a Comment