Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hulaseventy Loves Lists: Summer Classics: The Drive-In

by Hulaseventy


I don't know about you, but I miss drive-ins. I really do. Summer rolls around each year and I find myself dreaming of drive-ins.



As far as summer classics go, they're right up there with road trips and picnics. Sadly, they're slowly disappearing which is why the idea behind the guerilla drive-in is such a good thing. Basically, organizers show movies in random locations-- in parking lots, on warehouse walls, whatever works. Viewers are contacted by email a few days before the showing and given all the necessary information. People, I love this. I really love this.



16mm movies shown in secret locations? Yes, please. Yes, I would like that very much.



Shown from a 1970s school projector mounted on a 1977 BMW R100/7 sidecar rig? Even better.



Mobmov (the drive-in that drives in) boasts hundreds of chapters all over the world. Can't find one near you? Do it yourself. I'll bring the popcorn.

See you next week, friends!

Posted by Hulaseventy
girlhula.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment