Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thoughts of a cosy backyard

Photo credit: Angus Fergusson for Canadian H&H
With the weather warming thoughts of setting up a cosy backyard are a definite constant right now with me and I'm sure many of you. And as I've been gathering some of these images ever since we moved into our townhouse, it's fun to finally share them here. Our space isn't large but quite like many of the spaces shown here. I'm leaning towards something like you see at the Ace Hotel - Palm Springs (3 images directly below) - maybe a corner nook, built with for now some wooden pelts (a trick I saw in July '09 issue of Canadian House and Home - see last photo) with heaps of cushions and an overhead sail from Ikea (as our budget will only allow something like that this year). Here's a bit of inspiration I've been collecting from furniture to a bit of landscaping; I hope they inspire you too.




Above: Ace Hotel, Palm Springs (above three images)



Photo credit: Stacey Brandford for H&H


Photo by Marion Brenner for Sunset Magazine


(Via desiretoinspire.net)




hotel-du-nord.dk (above two images)



marieclairemaison.com

Home of Raina Kattelson

stacybrandford2July '09 issue of Canadian H&H; Photo credit Stacy Brandford

No comments:

Post a Comment