Saturday, May 22, 2010

Weekend Project: Handkerchief Art



This is a fun and easy idea I spotted in House and Home's (June issue) this week to add to our Weekend Projects posts. Fun because it's sort of fun hunting down vintage handkerchiefs; I'd like to try to find a few from my grandparents or while I'm out thrifting over the weekend. And then just pick up some simple frames (they used album art frames 12"x12" from Urban Outfitters); and then hang a set of 9 in a grid (as one option). Photo credit: Sarah Hartill. DIY Editor: Michael Penney. If you're not having any luck hunting down pretty hankies like these, there's heaps on Etsy (just type in handkerchief under their vintage section); a few I found below. Also check out H&H Online TV (one of my favourite sources for heaps of inspiration on decorating ideas/projects).

Sweet Daisy Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment