Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Hotel Style: Thunderbird, Marfa Texas

East Arbor Thunderbird Marfa
East Arbor Thunderbird Marfa
Original Lobby Thundebird Marfa
oaxacan chairs


I came across the Thunderbird in Marfa, Texas over the weekend through a stream of blog-ciousness (that's what it felt like as I'm unsure exactly the direct route - although find my tracks below). I'm really loving the modern southwestern interiors like this lately, so the white sheets, stark walls and striped pemberton-type blankets in the rooms are right down my alley.

A locally run hotel since 1959, was refurbished by Lake/Flato Architects in 2005 transforming the structure into a model of modern design and livibility while maintaining the original hotel’s bygone feeling of leisure. Above all photo's from thunderbirdmarfa.com. More images of the hotel and Marfa (below) from Sea of Shoes via nork stil.




No comments:

Post a Comment