Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oil Spill Fundraiser

Spoonbill Notebook by Blackbird Letterpress

I've been watching Anderson Cooper this week as they cover stories on the oil spill in the Gulf. And for the first time really, I sort of got scared. I mean, I've been worried about it for some time, but this is really scary serious stuff. They keep trying to cap it, and it's just not happening. Dr. Sanjay Gupta said "what if they can't"? And I'm like, yeah, what if? I know our little fundraiser is just a blip in the pulse of it all, but I'm hoping in our little way we're helping. A few related links:

Above: This Spoonbill Notebook is the fourth of Blackbird Letterpress's notebook series. The spoonbill is one of the species of birds at risk near the oil spill. The notebook has 36 recycled pages and is letterpress printed from a hand carved linocut. $15.

Oil Spill in your browser.

Greenpeace Canada team documents oil spill impacts. View photo's here

Did two good ol' boys find the solution to the oil spill? (via aplusk).

Field Report: The Oysters Are Dead.

More coverage from CNN

70 artists, designers and shop owners are participating in our fundraiser. Please visit them HERE. Thank you for supporting this cause. We are donating to Oxfam who are helping vulnerable communities threatened by the oil spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment